Shipping Pricing Calculators in ATG.
Today I will talk about one of the Pricing Calculators of ATG called “ShippingPricingCalculator”. Basically Shipping Pricing Calculator has got three different implementations.
1. Fixed Price Calculator.
2. Range Calculator.
3. Discount Calculator.
From name itself you can figure out the use of above mentioned Shipping Calculators.
FixedPriceShippingCalculator : A shipping calculator that sets the shipping amount to a fixed price.
There are three different implementations for Range Calculator.
1. Price Range Shipping Calculator.
2. Property Range Shipping Calculator.
3. Weight Range Shipping Calculator.
All the above mentioned range calculators uses given value of ranges property to calculate the shipping price. Range can be given in “low:high:price” format.
PriceRangeShippingCalculator : A shipping calculator that determines the shipping price based on the subtotal of all the items in the shipping group. The service is configured through the ranges property. (from API document)
PropertyRangeShippingCalculator : A shipping calculator that determines the shipping price based on the summing the values of a specific property of all the items in the shipping group. The service is configured through the ranges property. (from API document)
WeightRangeShippingCalculator : This calculator will calculate shipping costs based upon the total weight of an order. So, the total weight of an order will be calculated, then the range of weight values will be consulted to determine the cost. (from API document)
There are two different implementations for Shipping Discount Calculator.
ShippingDiscountCalculator and BulkShippingDiscountCalculator. I shall talk about the discount calculators in detail in another post.
On the course of studying Shipping Calculator I have drawn the class diagram of ATG Shipping Calculators. I will share that with you guys, hopefully it will help you to grab the design quickly.
- ATG Targeting Droplets static design. (cleanjava.wordpress.com)
- ATG Generic Session Manager/Session Tracking. (cleanjava.wordpress.com)
- Executing SQL using ATG Dynamo Administrator Portal. (cleanjava.wordpress.com)
- Log-In/Authentication page in ATG. (cleanjava.wordpress.com)
- How to write ATG collection query (RQL)? (cleanjava.wordpress.com)
- How to write contains/suggestion/match query using ATG RQL? (cleanjava.wordpress.com)
- How to add users using ATG ACC? (cleanjava.wordpress.com)
- Creating user registration page in ATG using DSPs and Droplets. (cleanjava.wordpress.com)